Convert WMF and EMF with Accuracy
META FLY is the metafile converter for professionals. Windows Metafiles (WMF) and Enhanced Metafiles (EMF) are the native Windows vector formats. Unfortunately, they don’t travel well. If you want to use them on the Web, UNIX, Linux, the Mac or in specialized applications, you’ll need to convert them. META FLY is the bridge. Use it to convert WMF and EMF to all industry-standard formats. Convert just one file as easily as multiple files or complete directories. Server versions and developer SDK versions available. Buy the Windows version below or click Pricing above for more options.
Metafiles are everywhere
You see them on screen, in software programs as well as behind the scenes in the GDI display and print code that drives Windows application. When you copy a drawing to the clipboard from PowerPoint for example, it is stored as a Metafile. You can save or export metafiles in most Windows graphics applications. Both formats are used to save, exchange and publish drawings, diagrams, maps, charts, plots, forms and reports across the Windows platform. WMF and EMF are not broadly supported outside of the Windows environment. Web pages, for example cannot display metafiles. Other environments that lack support for viewing or authoring Metafiles are UNIX, CAD, XML and PS/PDF print production systems. They require their graphics to be in different formats. META FLY is the bridge between Windows and all of these other environments.
Features in META FLY
- Convert one file or multiple files using the built in batch mode
- Convert all pages or specify a page rage
- Intelligent object recognition
- Rotate to any degree
- Concatenates characters to form editable words and lines of text
- Option to ignore text, images or paths during conversion
- Specify minimum line width
- Vector graphics, raster images and font text strings supported in vector output formats
- Options to choose resolution, color depth and compression for raster output formats
- Separates layers in CAD drawing based on colors
- Dashed/dotted lines as segments
- Easy Windows “Wizard” interface selects files, set options and converts in 3 easy steps
- Outputs industry standard vector output formats which are scaleable and editable at the text and object level including PDF, EPS, SVG, DXF, PS, HPGL, CGM, MIF
- High-fidelity image formats for Web and Office including JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP and TIFF can be generated at ideal resolution settings for print or screen display
- Options to map, reference, substitute or outline Type 1 and TrueType fonts to compensate for font mismatches between source and target systems
- Batch tools (FLY Batch) and developer DLL available (FLY SDK). Linux and UNIX versions offer command line interface.
- Output to raster image formats
- Easy Windows “Wizard” interface to select files, set options and convert.
- Windows® 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 64-bit Windows OS in 32-bit compatibility mode
- SVG for XML and the Web
- CGM for tech pubs and engineering
- MIF for FrameMaker®
- EPS and PostScript
- DXF for CAD/CAM/CNC
- HPGL for CAD plotting and viewing
- WMF for Microsoft® Office®
- EMF for Microsoft Office and Microsoft® Windows® printing
- TIFF for imaging, archiving, faxing, printing
- GIF, PNG and JPEG for the Web or office
- BMP for Microsoft Windows applications
- ASCII for index, search and processing
- ASCII text with placement
- stripped ASCII text
- ASCII preview (first few lines from file for summary)
- Runs on Microsoft Windows® (32-bit and 64-bit OS in 32-bit compatibility mode), Windows Vista®
NOTE: Advantage Support is not available for METAFLY.
META FLY converts WMF and EMF into all vector and image output formats. Options include:
META FLY is a powerful tool for converting WMF and EMF into a wide range of industry-standard vector and bitmap images. Single-user license for Microsoft Windows.$249
Note for our customers: The current version of METAFLY is 8.0. If you are using and older version, please visit the Upgrade Center. You’ll need to have your serial number or original order number handy. If you need this information, please contact us.
META FLY Quick Start Tutorial
“None of the illustration tools we have here can produce SVG to meet our standards, but your META FLY can. Works like a charm.”, Terry Reed, Xerox Corporation
The Xerox Corporation has been a customer since 1996 using PDF FLY and META FLY to convert WMF, EMF, PDF and PostScript to SVG.