Overview of Developer’s Tools
Visual Integrity has developed a robust conversion framework proven in the field by the most demanding customers over the past 18 years. All of this real life experience has resulted in a flexible engine which can drive process automation as well as extend functionality in enterprise or commercial applications. The FLY engine is the core of everything we produce, both development tools and end-user products. View the architecture.
Developer products are offered in two classes – command-line automation servers (FLY Batch, PDF Pro CL) and DLL/API libraries (FLY SDK, PDF Pro SDK). We offer free evaluations of both lines. To try one, use our SDK Advisor or Command-Line Advisor to quickly determine and try the best tool for you.
What’s possible with the developer tools?
- Import/Export - With just two calls, you can add import/export functionality to your application and give your users GUI control over orientation, scale, resolution, and more.
- Edit PDF - In just a few minutes, your application can digest PDF files and present them in your native format ready for editing at the object and text level.
- Server Automation - Using one of the command-line tools, you can automate anything from a departmental workflow to a high-volume enterprise automation process.
- Text Extraction – Effortlessly pull ASCII text from your files with an option to retain character placement, abstract or strip spaces.
- Web Images – Pump PDF, PostScript or Windows Metafiles through the engine to generate high-fidelity web graphics. Standard formats supported – JPEG, GIF, PNG. Option to add SVG vector format.
- Fax & Archive – convert PDF, PostScript and Metafiles into the industry-standard archival and Fax formats, TIFF.
- Stamp & Merge – Add stamps and watermarks to PDF files in batch mode. It can also merge PDF files or split them into individual pages or a range of pages.
- Custom Development is available for customers who require enhancements or extensions to the FLY core engine. Pricing available upon consultation.
- OEM Licensing is ideal for companies who want to integrate the FLY engine into their software, hardware or mobile devices.