PDF and PostScript Conversion Toolkits for Developers and Integrators
If you're looking to add PDF import to your application, generate editable vector graphics and bitmap images, or, you're trying to automate a high-volume PDF or PostScript conversion workflow, you've arrived at the right place. For almost 25 years, PDF and vector graphics are all we've been doing and you won't find lean, powerful, high-performance tools like ours anywhere else. Dig in.
Just about anything is possible.
Visual Integrity has developed a robust conversion framework proven in the field and battle-tested by the most demanding customers over the past 20+ years. All of this real life experience has resulted in a flexible, optimized conversion engine which can drive process automation as well as extend functionality in enterprise or commercial applications. The same engine is found at the core of everything we produce, both development tools and end-user products.
Developer products are offered in two classes - command-line conversion servers and API/DLL libraries. We offer free evaluations of both.
What's possible with the developer tools?
- Import/Export - With just two calls, you can add import/export functionality to your application and give your users control over orientation, scale, resolution, and more.
- Edit PDF - In just a few minutes, your application can digest vector PDF or PostScript files and present them in your native format ready for editing at the object and text level.
- Server Automation - Using one of the command-line tools, you can automate conversion for anything from a departmental workflow to a high-volume enterprise process.
- Text Extraction - Effortlessly pull ASCII text from your files with an option to retain character placement, create an abstract or strip text only.
- Web Images - Pump PDF and EPS through the engine to generate high-fidelity web graphics. Standard formats supported - JPEG, GIF, PNG. Option to add SVG vector format.
- Fax & Archive - convert PDF or PostScript into the industry-standard archival and Fax formats, TIFF.
- Stamp & Merge - Add stamps and watermarks to PDF files in batch mode. It can also merge PDF files or split them into individual pages or a range of pages.
- Custom Development is available for customers who require enhancements or extensions. Pricing available upon consultation.
- OEM Licensing is ideal for companies who want to integrate the PostScript or PDF conversion engine into their software, hardware or mobile devices.
No Adobe - No GhostScript - No Printer Drivers
Independence guarantees performance and integrity
None of our developer tools require either Adobe Acrobat or GhostScript. All of our products are standalone tools, completely self-contained, and based on our powerful engine developed, improved and extended over more than two decades.
Our products are not based on print drivers as brokers so the conversions are faster and always accurate. Everything that you need to run them on your desktop or to use them for your development is included in your delivery download.
Simple SDK Integration Configuration & Two Calls
Using the SDK is simple. Once you install it, there are just two simple steps. The download includes both the 32-bit and 64-bit SDK's. Included in the SDK are header and lib files for the conversion libraries, font directory, batch programs, documentation, sample source code projects for Visual C++ , C# and Basic (Other interfaces available upon request).
Select your Configuration Settings
Use VgPsLoadOptions() to load your configuration file. An example is:
VgPsLoadOptions (PDF2XXX, %INSTALLDIR%pdf2xxx.ini);
Call the API
VgPsConvert is the main function to convert a PDF, PostScript or EPS file into one of the vector output formats. For example, to convert foo.pdf into an SVG file, you would use:
VgPsConvert("foo.pdf", "foo.svg", SVG, NULL)
Choose Input Format
Input formats supported on the command line are PDF and PostScript.
Select Output Format
The Conversion Server is capable of producing vector formats, bitmap images and text from the input formats. Examples are PDF, WMF, SVG, PNG, TIFF and Unicode text.
Ensure Fonts are Mapped
A common trap for conversions is a font mismatch. Due to licensing issues, fonts can not be embedded in documents. They can be mapped or substituted. Take care in this area to ensure perfect results.
A sample .ini file is provided with the command-line tool. It can be used as a base to understand the many options and to tailor them to your needs.