PDF is both a Visual Integrity input and an output format. The Portable Document Format (PDF) is the defacto, worldwide standard for capturing, reviewing and exchanging information from almost any application or computer system and sharing it with others. Although sometimes sharing is enough, often people need to extract useful data from their PDF files in order to feed content managements systems, publish to the web or edit drawings and illustrations. Visual Integrity has been offering reliable and accurate solutions to convert, create, merge and modify PDF files for more than 17 years.
PDF Format Overview
PDF is the Portable Document Format originally developed by Adobe® for platform and application independent exchange, viewing and printing of digital documents. Now it’s an open international ISO Standard 32000-2. PDF files can be created from virtually any source application or database. They can can handle long, composite documents as well as raster images and complex vector graphics. It has become ubiquitous and a defacto standard across every industry.
Often, recipients of PDF files need to reuse the information contained in these files. Visual Integrity products are designed to digest the PDF and produce output files of the highest standard which can be opened and edited in most applications including office software, publishing systems and engineering applications.
Visual Integrity offers several different products for converting PDF files. Choose the one that’s right for you and then learn more:
- pdf2image – converts any PDF file into your choice of image formats for the web or your office documents – GIF, PNG and JPEG.
- pdf2picture – produces scalable picture files (WMF) which can be ungrouped and edited in Microsoft Office and other Windows applications which support drawing features. Also produces image
- pdf2cad – generated editable CAD files from PDF pages. Once these files are opened in your engineering software, they can be modified or annotated.
- PDF FLY – if you need to convert to several output formats or need to convert more than PDF, PDF FLY is for you, Choose multiple files or directories and then convert to your choice of 13 different standard vector and bitmap output formats. PDF FLY is a complete suite of input and output formats.
- PDF Conversion Server – Automate your PDF conversions using the simple command-line interface. Use the fine-tuning controls to obtain a high degree of control over the final output.
- PDF Conversion SDK – Use the API or Windows DLL to integrate support for viewing, importing and exporting vector and bitmap formats into your applications.
- Supports conversion of single and multipage PDF files up to version 1.7 (Acrobat 9).
- Files may contain vector graphics, raster images and text with fonts (PostScript, Type 1 or TrueType fonts).
- We do not yet support conversion/extraction of sound, video, animation, 3D or metadata. If you require this, please inquire about the status.
5 Ways to Create PDF Files
PDF is ideal for presenting just about anything that can be printed. Once in the PDF format, light editing is permitted using products such as Acrobat Pro. Using Visual Integrity software you can then turn these PDF files into a format easily digested by software you already own which saves both time and cost. If you need to create PDF files for your documentation, publishing and data management needs, try the following ideas:
– Use Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Professional
– Print to Acrobat Distiller
– Use a reliable 3rd-party PDF writer or printer drivers such as CutePDF (free)
– Output PDF directly from your source application or database if it is supported. The latest versions of Microsoft Office can all create PDF.
– Create PDF from data by using FOP to transform XML to PDF