SVG in Visio is a versatile format for print and Web
Now, you can easily use SVG in Visio and other ps applications. Scalable Vector Graphics, the W3C and HTML5 standard (SVG) is one of the vector output formats in pdf2picture. Just select the PDF files you want to convert and choose SVG as the output format. The resulting file can be opened directly giving you an easy and accurate way to use SVG in Visio.
Using SVG in Visio is a perfect way to unlock PDF content.With the move to HTML5 applications, more and more programs are integrating internal SVG suppport. Visio is one of them. Now, you can convert any PDF file into SVG and open it in Visio in just a few steps which are outlined below. We are finding it to be a better choice that WMF for fonts support and text placement. Here’s how you do it:
The key steps:
1. Use pdf2picture to convert your PDF file to SVG
2. To open in Visio, choose Scalable Vector Graphics
3. Once in Visio, right click on the drawing and Ungroup (ignore any errors Visio may present). You may need to delete an exterior container and right click to ungroup again.
5. When fully ungrouped, you should see pink. Click anywhere outside the margins of the drawing and this will deselect all objects.
6. You are now ready to select and edit whatever you want, including the text.
Products for using PDF in Visio