The PDF Pro CL Series offers a budget-friendly way to power PDF conversion. Designed for small to medium sized businesses, the PDF Pro Series is unparalleled in both value and performance. Based on the same proven engine as our flagship enterprise server, FLY Batch, conversions can be performed several ways – directly on the command line, integrated in scripts using technologies such as ASP or Java, or invoked by a watch folder.
Licensed by CPU and designed exclusively for use on 32- and 64-bit Windows systems. Annual throughput is limited to 10,000 files. For requirements beyond this limit or on UNIX, Linux and Mac OS X, see Fly Batch.
PDF Pro CL is a value-priced tool for integrators which powers automated and real-time batch processing. It uses a straightforward command-line interface to drive the required format conversion filters. Designed specifically for PDF conversion tasks on Microsoft Windows based systems, PDF Pro CL outputs:
- vector formats: SVG, CGM, MIF, EPS, PostScript, DXF, HPGL, WMF, EMF
- image formats: TIFF, GIF, PNG, JPEG
- Text: ASCII (stripped, abstract and formatted)
- Command line interface to script calls to the conversion engine; VB/C++ API available for Windows, Java wrapper available upon request
- Generates vector graphics, raster images and text
- Runs on Windows® 98, NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista and Windows 7 operating systems
- Downloads and installs as 6Mb self-extracting executable
- Easy wizard-style Windows interface
- Convert whole document or range of pages
- Expanded support for font mappings and encodings
- Offers intelligent configuration options for high degree of control over output settings such as scale, resolution, size, orientation, file naming and text treatment.
- Use a watch directory to instantly convert PDF-files when they appear in a folder.
PDF Pro CL Series is a collection of command-line tools long on power and short on price. Designed to drive Microsoft Windows desktop batch automation tasks, the PDF Pro Series is limited to 10,000 file conversions per year. For requirements beyond this, see Fly Batch. Products in the PDF Pro CL Series include:
Call pdf2cad Pro via command line to convert PDF files into editable DXF and HPGL files. Accurate and reliable. Conversion limit is 10,000 files per year. For greater capacity, see Fly Batch.$449
pdf2image Pro runs via command line to generate high fidelity JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP and 8-bit color TIFF formats. Annual conversion limit is 10,000 files. For higher volume requirements, see FLY Batch Server.$249
pdf2picture Pro drives conversion of PDF files into editable WMF and EMF files via a simple command line interface. A very reliable and cost-effective solution. Conversion limit 10,000 files per year. For higher capacity, see Fly Batch.$449
With pdf2svg Pro, quickly and accurately batch convert PDF to SVG via command line.$449
pdf2text Pro is a powerful tool for extracting text from PDF files via command line. Generates formatted text, stripped text or excerpts.$249
pdf2tiff Pro converts PDF to B&W TIFF via command line for FAX and archive applications.$249
Note for our customers: If you have purchased any of our products and want to upgrade, please login to your account. If you are a current user of a competitors’ program and want to trade-up to PDF PRO CL, let us know and we’ll give you a coupon code to use.
How PDF Pro CL works…
For PDF, PostScript & EPS
1. Download and install the current version of PDF FLY which includes the FLY Batch engine
2. Set up the command line executable by adding the installation path of PDF FLY to your %path% variable.
3. Edit the Options file (pdf2xxx.ini) with custom settings if required using Notepad or another simple text editor.
4. Convert by running pdf2xxx – the extension of your target file determines which conversion filter will be invoked. For example, running pdf2xxx myfile.pdf myfile.svg will convert from PDF to SVG. To convert from PDF to PNG, you would invoke pdf2xxx myfile.pdf myfile.png.